Saturday, August 25, 2012

Farmer's Market at Tivoli Village


Every Saturday morning from 9 am to 1 pm Tivoli Village hosts Fresh 52 Farmers Market.  I love Tivoli Village, but never had been to the farmers market yet.  This is something that I wanted to do for some time. 

Today, without plans to go there, I was in the neighborhood and impromptu decided to stop by to check it out and to have my regular gelato.  Even though I don’t cook, I really enjoy farmer markets.  There are always fruits, beautiful produce and interesting things to browse on.   I don’t frequent farmers market much, but I love to be able to buy organic produce directly from the farmers.   It’s a win-win situation.  We help them and their organic produce helps our health.  It’s not so much win for the wallet though, but it’s all worth it.


Fresh 52 Farmer’s Market is an open-air farmers and artisan market and I had such a good time browsing all the kiosks, talking to the farmers and vendors, sampling their products and I even made my little shopping.  The atmosphere is very relaxing and family oriented.  You see the couples with their kids and even dogs are taken to the farmers market.   

It was a gorgeous day in Vegas and I had a nice relaxing time and great community experience.  I’ll make it a point to once a month start visiting the different local farmers market around my area.  I used to do that in California and somehow lost the habit here.

Ah, I almost forget, my gelato was delicioso.




















No comments:

Post a Comment