Saturday, October 13, 2012

A TASTE OF THE OLD WEST - Old Nevada



Bonnie Springs Ranch is a re-creation of an 1880 old western town.  It’s something unusual and unique less than an hour from busy Las Vegas.  It’s a very nice drive with the scenic Red Rock Mountains.

Today I got a taste of the old west town by looking at the rustic western buildings, with cowboy shows, a wax museum, gift shops, a petting zoo and a mini train ride.  One of the cowboy shows is a hanging trial and gun fight and, of course, they had to pick me from the public to be the prosecutor.  I hate when entertainers pick me to be part of the show. 

The betting zoo is small, but cute.  Some animals are in cages and others wonder around.  I was surprised to see how calmed and receptive these animals were to our petting.  There are a variety of animals including, but not limited to, pigs, llamas, guineas, chickens, sheep, goats and wolves.  I think the animals were my favorite.

The restaurant, bar/saloon is very rustic and feels like you are in the old west.  I had a pulled pork sandwich with fries and a soda and it was good.  Facing the entrance of the restaurant, there is a pond with docks and turtles.  Really nice…you know me, I love “agua.”

Admission is $10 and it's all worth it.  The weather was perfect and I had a great time stepping back in time in Old Nevada.

Yeeha! 









In jail for the first time.





Yeeha!



















the cemetery

No comments:

Post a Comment