Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lunch at Mt. Charleston





F i n a l l y, today I went to Mt. Charleston. The “must see” place in Las Vegas that never appealed to me. The reason being is because I hate cold weather and snow. Mt. Charleston is the place to go skiing during the winter or people just go to see the beautiful snow scenery. It’s about a 45 minute drive from LV and the temperature is usually 20 degrees cooler.

But Mother Nature played a trick on me. This past week in Las Vegas we had temperatures ranging between 110 and 114 degrees. However, the last two days it was raining and I read that there were possibilities of rain and thunderstorms in Mt. Charleston. If it had been up to me I would’ve canceled, but this was something planned weeks ago and I didn’t want to let my people down.

I could not believe my bad luck. I had envisioned this visit today having a nice lunch seating at a table outdoors. It was all the opposite.

We were going to have lunch at The Resort on Mt. Charleston. About 15 minutes before getting to the resort, it started to rain. By the time we arrived to the resort, it was hailing. I don’t mind the rain, in fact, I love the rain in the summer, but this weather was something else. But, at least, it was not cold. That would’ve totally ruined my day.

Lunch was a disaster. Because of the rain, obviously we had to have lunch indoors. That was a great turn off for me because that was exactly what I didn’t want. I didn’t go all the way to Mt. Charleston to have lunch indoors. But we have no control over weather, so I knew I had to deal with it. A band was playing very LOUD. It was very hard to hear each other at the table. I was not impressed with anything on the menu, so I ordered something simple: pizza. Precious heavens - the worst pizza ever!

I have a problem. When I am unhappy, it shows. It’s very hard for me to put a happy face if that doesn’t come from within. The people at my table knew that I was not happy, from my part, I was doing my best to be civil.

We were there for hours and the rain was non-stop. But when we were leaving, rain stopped and sun was coming out.

This was not my day. Some days are good, some days not so good. Some outings are fun, some not.

Ok, so now I’ve been to Mt. Charleston. I have no plans of going back. First and last visit.












No comments:

Post a Comment