Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chocolate Fountain - B e l l a g i o





A couple of weeks ago, I sent an email to my friends telling them to look forward to my post about the Chocolate Festival & Pastry Show at the Venetian on July 7. Right after sending the email I was devastated to learn that the discount code that I was given to buy a VIP ticket for $30 was sold out. That left me with only two options: pay $75 for the VIP ticket or $45 regular admission. I opted for none.

So here I am, feeling guilty for not fulfilling my promise.

There is nothing in Las Vegas today that I could write about to make it up to you. Nothing can match the Chocolate Festival and Pastry Show at the Venetian.

So this is the best I can do. Not a festival, but it has chocolate. A lot of chocolate. It’s the Chocolate Fountain at the Bellagio.

This is a spectacular glass fountain displaying melted series of chocolate cascades. It’s an impressive work of art.

The fountain’s full height is 27-feet, but only 14-feet can be seen within the shop. This is the tallest chocolate fountain in the world.

Two tons of melted dark, milk and white chocolate circulates inside the sculpture.

The designer of this beauty is Executive Pastry Chef Jean-Philippe Maury, who has created chocolate sculptures for years. He states that each of the chocolates behaves very different, so he had to be aware of that in the design, which made it very challenging. You don’t have to be an expert in calculus to know the detailed work and engineering that took to create this fountain.

Last but not least, the patisserie has beautiful and enticing pastries, fine cakes and chocolate sculptures.

Select some music and enjoy the pictures.

Ok, this is it. Friends, I tried.
























No comments:

Post a Comment