Friday, November 16, 2012

"Eat Yourself Slender" by Barbara Hoffman



Eat, eat, eat is Barbara A. Hoffman's solution for weight loss. Since that sounded good to me, I recently bought her new book Eat Yourself Slender.  I enjoyed reading her book and I'm already practicing some of the nutritional concepts presented in the book.  Here I share some excerpts from her book:


“Eliminate starch, flour, white sugar and increase protein and you will lose weight.  I promise.”

“Sugar is the Enemy:  It is toxic beyond its calories. SUGAR IS NOT YOUR FRIEND and it is very ADDICTIVE. Sugar will turn into FAT in your body, raise your cholesterol and raise your triglycerides.”

“Carbs turn into sugar when you eat them.”  “If you chronically eat too many carbs, you will become insulin resistant.”

“Sugar is more a drug than a food!”

“1 cup of grapes will turn into about 6 teaspoons of sugar in your body.  A banana?  4 teaspoons. The lowest amount of sugar is found in oranges, peaches, and berries.”

“Start you day with protein – every day!  Protein, protein, protein.  It is almost impossible to overeast protein, so don’t worry.”  “You need protein with every meal!”

“Insulin is the fat storage hormone and will make you fat!” 

“Put cinnamon in your tea! It can reduce cravings for carbs.  Use spices in abundance.”

“…no Splenda…Splenda is a chemical.”

“I firmly believe that good bodies are made in the kitchen, not the gym.”

Barbara A Hoffman is a naturopath, medical researcher and journalist.  She has been in the medical field for 30 years and for the last 20 years she has been researching weight loss.  I really enjoyed reading her book and I recommend it.  Below is one her newest Youtube video.



No comments:

Post a Comment