Friday, February 15, 2013

Archery Lesson


I have been so busy lately that I forgot to post something fun and different that I did last month.  Taking an archery lesson never crossed my mind.  But a few weeks ago, I let go the Robin Hood in me and had some fun learning archery. 

Classes are given in groups of four and there is one instructor per group.  They give you a little plastic to protect your arm.  After a brief explanation consisting in how to hold the bow, how to place the arrow in the bow, and a demonstration of the right posture and position of the arms, hands and fingers, you are ready to shoot.  You are given six arrows.  After shooting 3 to 4 arrows, you start getting the hang of it.  When everybody had shot their six arrows, they called “clear” and we walked to the target to pick up our arrows and start another set of shooting.  I hit the target a few times, but most shots were not good and a few fell outside the target.  Did I care?  Absolutely not.  I was having so much fun.  Like everything else, lots of practice is needed to become good at it.

I had such a good time and, as usual, I was so excited to try something new and kind of different.

It was a fun thing to do on a cool Sunday afternoon in Las Vegas.











My archery buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment